By host on
2/18/2007 2:51 PM
The past few weeks I've been working on rebuilt heads and a new cam grind. I removed the heads from my spare EJ-22 and sent them in for reconditioning. The cams went to Delta for their 220 grind. I recieved everything back last week, yesterday I spent the day in the shop removing the existing heads and installing the new. It all went pretty smoothly and I did not have to remove the engine from the airplane which was a big plus.
Today I ran the engine for about 40 minutes on the ground. No leaks and no problems. The engine sounds slightly meatier but that's purely subjective. More...