July 10, 2010
I have been trying to get a propellor designed for this airplane for a couple years. All the performance testing that I do indicates a lack of power and a real drop in torque at about 3500 rpm (never mind the summer heating problem that I always fight). So, I decided to remove the Delta 220 cams and go back to stock. I made that change today but haven't flown yet. I REALLY hope I gain 50 horsepower and temps return to normal!!February 18, 2007
I've had a couple of leaking exhaust valves since I started running this engine. Due to the higher altitude here in New Mexico, I needed to do something to increase performance. I decided that correcting the valve problem and installing the camshafts from Delta Cams was the place to start.
Using the spare engine that I have, I removed the heads and sent them out to be overhauled. They were done by Reliable Engines in Albuquerque and seem to have done a nice job. The cams were sent to Delta Cams in Tacoma, Washington for their 220 grind. This grind is milder than their 230 grind, does not require any valve train changes, and is supposed to increase torque and bring peak torque down the rpm graph.
The reconditioned heads and cams ready to be installed.
The 220 cams from Delta.